Thursday, February 16, 2012

puppy fever and more clutches

It's that time of year again; puppy fever!

Isn't my friend, Laura, so sweet to invite me to the Humane Society to get my fix?

A few years ago, I had to bring my cat there. I always thought I'd never be the type of person to bring pets back, but as it turned out, my son is deathly allergic to cats. And so I had no choice. I hope my kitty found a good home. It was comforting to learn today that they do not put animals down at the Humane Society.

I used to be a cat person, but I can't be, so pups will do. And I have two. But it's always fun to meet other pups, too.

These were my favorites from today:

An American Bulldog, just like my Jake! (except this is a girl)
DSC_0115

And this little guy was taken from a pet hoarder. He had special needs. And I loved him. I think I might go back for him. But I better not. I don't want to be a pet hoarder either!
DSC_0117

And here's my sweet friend, petting the sister of the American Bulldog.
DSC_0113

She is going to kill me for posting a pic of her, but isn't it a sweet one? I tried to get her to model my new clutches that I'll be putting in the shop, but she wouldn't. I might just have to put the self timer on and I always feel so ... awkward.

These are so cute, I can't wait to get them in the shop! They are hand knit, then felted, lined, and have one of a kind buttons. Here a little bitty pic:
DSC_0099

In the comments of my last post, someone asked for tips on sewing on knitting. I have no tips. I wing it. But I do everything by hand. So, it's a lot of work. But it's totally fun and awesome, so you should try it.

And speaking of my last post, don't forget to leave a comment on that post to enter to win one of my very first clutches I patterned. To make it easy, here's the link:
http://gildaknits.blogspot.com/2012/02/two-rad-clutches-up-for-grabs.html I'll announce the winner next Wed, the 22nd.

Peace out, yo.
xxoo, Gilda

No comments:

Post a Comment