Sunday, February 12, 2012

gnomes and pretzel buttons

I have a fondness for Gnomes. Anything gnomes. If I could, I'd fill my yard to the rims with garden gnomes. The reason I can't is because, well, my collection has gotten that big yet and, also, I have two dogs that would knock em over. But I have an appreciation for a garden gnome garden. I really, really do. When Gnomeo and Juliet came out in theaters, uh yes, I was sooo there. And when I saw this really cute gnomey fabric with a gnome garden scape, I HAD to get it. And what did I do with it? I made a skirt for my daughter.
gnomeskirt
Cute, right?
And then I made her a cute gnomey hat with a bow. (to match this coat I just bought her.) (Girls size, clearance for 14.99!!!!!)
redbowgnomehat
Oh yes, I've been doing lots this past week. I also have some goodies that will soon be going in the store:
DSC_0056
And, look, we made valentine buttons! (found on pinterest)
Here's a quick recap:
DSC_0025DSC_0036DSC_0031DSC_0037DSC_0048DSC_0047
What you need:
square pretzels
hershey hugs
m&ms (I used raspberry. I didn't even know such things existed, but they are soooo yummy!!)
optional: wax paper
Directions:
Preheat oven to 200
Unwrap hugs, place on to pretzel
Line up on (wax paper) cookie sheet
Bake for approximately 4 minutes, or until hugs are soft (but not melted!)
Press m&m into each hug
Cool in fridge (do not take off cookie sheet until cooled. Chocolate can be messy!)
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love love love that gnome fabric! Where is it from? And Lucia is so pretty in the hat picture. I mean, she is always pretty, but especially in that pic.

    Can't wait to see the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danka.
    Fabric is from Linden Tree in Linden Hills. I also got some eiffel tower fabric. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psst. I love gnomes, too. -Laura

    ReplyDelete