Sunday, April 15, 2012

dear you, love me

Dear you,

Things are swell.

Why I said I thought I was like Betty (previous post), I do not know. Later in the series, she becomes so bitter and bitchy. Or was she always that way? Anyway, I have finally made it to the 5th season of Mad Men.

And I've started my job. Which I happen to like a lot. Even though it pays horribly.

Always at this time of year, everything becomes so swhooosh - a big whirlwind of events. And then before you know it, it's summer. And summer goes even quicker. But, for now, we have recitals, and concerts, and plays, and all kinds of fun family events.

So, I thought I'd share with you a picture of my son playing the violin. He's in his 2nd year now. And he's good. He doesn't practice enough, but he's certainly good. He can read music, but he also completely memorizes a song by its tune. I just think that is so genius like.

DSC_0166

DSC_0163

DSC_0168

I've been reworking my hat pattern. Some are a bit perplexed by it. I wish I'd retested it a few hundred times before posting. I thought one time was good enough. These are things that you learn, I guess. The issue is that it's a fabulous pattern, yes, but the old fern lace work is a bit confusing for some. So, I need to be more explicit in my instructions.

Anyway, I have lots to post about my upcoming ventures in summer gardening, family happenings, and preparation for school. Didn't I tell you? I'm going back to school. It's been 12 years since I graduated college. And wow, life sure does pick you up and swing you along. But now I am at a standstill, or rather a crossroads of sorts, and I've decided to follow through with my Sign Language Studies. (more specifically ASL) In a years time, I will be an Interpreter. What's even more exciting -and a convenient coincidence- is that I will be working with a new deaf friend and another new friend who is fluent. What a pleasant surprise!

Well, that's all I have at the moment. Hope you are taking care.

Peace, love, and happiness.

xxoo, Gilda

3 comments:

  1. I know what you're talking about. Sometimes, you put something down on paper and it seems like the most obvious thing in the world, and someone else tries the pattern and can't seem to figure out what you mean. Have you ever checked out the free pattern testers group on ravelry? You can basically recruit people to test-knit your pattern free of charge. Most of the knitters out there give really good feedback, and tend to suggest fixes for problems that they encounter. I use them for all of my designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great picutes. I am so impressed that he can play the violen! So GENIOUS!

    ReplyDelete