Sunday, April 29, 2012

craft fair goodness

Well, hello again little darlings. Yesterday, I had the Spring Boutique Craft Fair. It's a lovely thing to be a part of. Partly because when the peeps see my knit items in person, they're more likely to purchase something (yay for me), and also because a portion of my profits went to two charities (yay for giving!). The charities are:
Freedom Firm Freedom Firm is dedicated to the liberation of children enslaved in commercial sexual exploitation, to their effective rehabilitation, and to justice against those who have profited from their misery. We unapologetically stand dedicated to this cause and this cause alone.

and
Hope Academy Believing that all children are created for God's glory and endowed by him with an inalienable potential to acquire wisdom and knowledge, Hope Academy covenants with urban families to equip their children to become the responsible, servant leaders of the 21st Century.

Here's a few pictures of my booth: DSC_0183 DSC_0182 DSC_0181 DSC_0192 DSC_0186 This is my friend, Laura. She's an artist. Look at all of her amazing art. She's an amazing person, too. She is a co-creator of the Spring Boutique. And her mission is to just do good. And we all need a friend like that, right? It's good to be with good people. DSC_0184 DSC_0185 This is Laura's husband, Paul. He played a few ditties for us. You should like him on facebook, cuz he rocks.
DSC_0191
And this is a random photo, but I loved how this lightbulb hung from the ceiling in the room where our booth's were.
DSC_0188
Anyway, remember how I told you my friend Laura was good? Well, she has also just created a website to promote all of the awesome friends and vendors she knows who are artists (crafty or otherwise ;)) So, you should check it out: http://www.flourishartandgifts.com/

She also has some cool happenings at her studio in NORDEAST Minneapolis, so keep checking back to her site for more info.

And one more thing....I got a huge order to make and sell my baby sweaters at the orchard art house. Kate, the owner, is totally cool. So, I am super stoked about this.

Next week, I will be at the HandmadeMN show.
And that's all folks.
So, peace out, yo. xxoo, Gilda

No comments:

Post a Comment