Monday, March 12, 2012

The truth.

The truth hurts:

felted

But even though I know the truth, I still love me some felting, because it is so forgiving. And we all need a little forgiveness, right?

..................

Last night, I read a hundred pages of Cutting for Stone. I have grown over the years with this book (really just a few weeks, but it's like I've lived a lifetime with the characters.) Every night that I peer into that novel world, I come away with having a new way of articulating what I meant to say, but never had the words. For instance, :

That’s the funny thing about America — the blessed thing. As many people as there are to hold you back, there are angels whose humanity makes up for all the others. I’ve had my share of angels.

It seems we humans never learn. And so we re-learn the lesson every generation and then want to write epistles. We proselytize to our friends and shake them by the shoulders and tell them, “Seize the day! What matters is this moment!” Most of us can’t go back and make restitution. We can’t do a thing about our should haves and could haves.

Life is full of signs. The trick is to know how to read them.

Life, too, is like that. You live it forward, but understand it backward.

................

I am participating in a St. Patty's day swap. I can't tell you what I got or what I sent, but I promise I will on St. Patty's day.

2 comments:

  1. 'Life, too, is like that. You live it forward, but understand it backward.'

    OH GOSH, I LOVE THIS QUOTE!!

    ReplyDelete